I am already market prepping for the holiday season and I figured I’d whip up a more fun
dishcloth. I wanted something with a waffle stitch and came up with this! It’s always fun to switch
things up and make it unique. There is a little loop added to allow it to be hung up off a hook to
dry! You can find where to download the free pdf by clicking the buttons below!
What you need:
4.0 mm hook
45g (85 yds) of worsted weight cotton yarn. I used WeCrochet Dishie for the
8” x 8” finished square
● Gauge isn’t super important since this is simply a dishcloth and you can adjust the size
by adding repeats.
● If you want the discloth to be wider, add multiples of three to your starting count.
● If you want the dishcloth to be taller, add the repeats until you are happy.
● There are two ways to start the dishcloth. The first (a) is a traditional chain and then
starting row. The second (b) is foundation double crochet. The sample in the picture
uses foundation double crochet.
● You can opt to leave out the loop in the corner and simply just work 4 hdc into the corner
space. I find the loop is nice for hanging the dishcloth to dry.
● This pattern can be doubled as a hotpad or pot holder, though I would suggest that you
double strand the yarn to make it slightly thicker, or use a thicker cotton.
● On my website (www.hookinghijinks.com) there are templates you can download to put
cute tags on the dishcloths for sale or gifting!
To Start: Ch 32
Row 1 (a): dc in 4 ch from hook and in each st across, turn.
Row 1 (b): foundation double crochet 30 times
Row 2: (right side) ch 2 turn, *fpdc in next st, dc in next 2 sts, repeat from * until
the last 2 sts, fpdc in next st, dc in top of turning ch,
Row 3: (wrong side) ch 2 turn, *dc in next st, fpdc in the next 2 sts, repeat from
*until the last 2 sts, dc in next st, dc in top of turning ch,
Row 4 -15: Rep rows 2 and 3
Row 16: (right side) Ch 2 turn. hdc evenly along the edge. When you get to the
first corner, hdc 2x in the same st, ch 10, sl st to the top of the last hdc, hdc 2x
and then continue to hdc evenly along the edge, placing 4 hdc in each of the
other corners. Join with a sl st and fasten off.
Weave in your ends and enjoy your dishcloth!